About 350 Bay Area Action
We are you — San Francisco Bay Area residents building a politically-active grassroots movement for deep CO2 emission reductions. We are the legislative and political arm of 350 Bay Area. Please donate to our political action. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The climate crisis is the biggest problem facing the world. Unchecked climate change means more natural disasters, more outbreaks of disease, more food shortages, and more sea level rise.
- We need to make large-scale changes. The climate crisis is so big that we can’t solve it with small, personal actions alone. We need to think bigger and bolder.
- Large-scale change means changing policy. We need laws that rewire the way the world produces and consumes energy so that clean power is cheap, dirty power is expensive, and people everywhere can live sustainable lives.
- Getting strong climate policy won’t be easy. It means fighting the wealthiest and most powerful group on the planet: the fossil fuel industry.
- We can win with a people-powered movement. We’ll never have as much money as the fossil fuel industry, so we need to overpower them with our numbers and our determination instead. From the Civil Rights movement to women’s suffrage, social movements have changed the course of history—so we’re building a movement of people to solve the biggest problem in the world.
To preserve our planet, scientists tell us we must reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from its current level of over 400 parts per million to below 350 ppm. But 350 is more than a number—it’s a symbol of where we need to head as a planet.
Learn more about the climate crisis at 350 FAQs
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis via online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and leading mass public actions from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350 means climate safety.
Part of the global network of local 350.org groups, 350 Bay Area Action takes political action to stabilize and protect our climate through deep reductions in carbon emissions. If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and seek information, and/or are concerned and want to be part of the solution, we invite you to donate and join our grassroots team.