ACTION ALERT! Priority Legislation in 2020
350 Bay Area Action focuses on state climate legislation and electing stronger climate champions. 2020 is an absolutely critical year for increasing our efforts. Most crucially, the California Legislature will be voting on two key bills that failed to pass in the final days of the session last year:
…and tweet at them!
C. Aguiar-Curry – @AsmAguiarCurry
Marc Levine – @MarcLevine
Tim Grayson – @AsmGrayson
Buffy Wicks – @BuffyWicks
Rob Bonta – @RobBontaCA
Bauer-Kahan – @BauerKahan
Bill Quirk – @AsmBillQuirk
David Chiu – @DavidChiu
Phil Ting – @PhilTing
Kevin Mullin – @KevinMullin
Marc Berman – @AsmMarcBerman
Evan Low – @Evan_Low
Ash Kalra – @Ash_Kalra
Kansen Chu – @KansenChu
Mark Stone – @AsmMarkStone
Robert Rivas – @RobertRivas_CA
Communities Near Oil and Gas Operations Must Have Protection from Hazards and Have a Say in Regulating these Industries Oil and gas operations are dirty industries that create...
State Legislators came back to work on Jan 6 and the session is off to a fast pace.2020 is the year we must kick off a decade of stronger, faster climate solutions for...
As 2019 comes to an end, we wish you time to celebrate with family and friends, and enjoy nature and life. Appreciating all we have, let’s...
Legislative Committee activities include:
- Legislative training: how to track legislation and prepare for meetings with legislators
- Analyzing and tracking bills for action
- Writing fact sheets, blogs and social media to inform and activate supporters
- Meetings with legislators
- Letter writing, calling and lobbying
- Attending meetings and hearings in Sacramento
- Working with other groups on legislative campaigns
- Following state rule making and regulatory actions once bills are passed (e.g. Air Resources Board)