ACTION ALERT! Priority Legislation in January 2020
350 Bay Area Action focuses on state climate legislation and electing stronger climate champions. 2020 is an absolutely critical year for increasing our efforts. In January, when the California Legislature reconvenes, they’ll be voting on two key bills that failed to pass in the final days of the session last year:
These two bills must pass by the end of January! To get them passed, call your Assemblymember TODAY & thru the end of January.
…and tweet at them!
C. Aguiar-Curry – @AsmAguiarCurry
Marc Levine – @MarcLevine
Tim Grayson – @AsmGrayson
Buffy Wicks – @BuffyWicks
Rob Bonta – @RobBontaCA
Bauer-Kahan – @BauerKahan
Bill Quirk – @AsmBillQuirk
David Chiu – @DavidChiu
Phil Ting – @PhilTing
Kevin Mullin – @KevinMullin
Marc Berman – @AsmMarcBerman
Evan Low – @Evan_Low
Ash Kalra – @Ash_Kalra
Kansen Chu – @KansenChu
Mark Stone – @AsmMarkStone
Robert Rivas – @RobertRivas_CA
350 Bay Area Action Legislative Committee: working for progressive climate legislation in California
Legislative Committee activities include:
- Legislative training: how to track legislation and prepare for meetings with legislators
- Analyzing and tracking bills for action
- Writing fact sheets, blogs and social media to inform and activate supporters
- Meetings with legislators
- Letter writing, calling and lobbying
- Attending meetings and hearings in Sacramento
- Working with other groups on legislative campaigns
- Following state rule making and regulatory actions once bills are passed (e.g. Air Resources Board)
Communities Near Oil and Gas Operations Must Have Protection from Hazards and Have a Say in Regulating these Industries Oil and gas operations are dirty industries that create health and safety hazards in the areas where they operate. Health studies have shown that...
State Legislators came back to work on Jan 6 and the session is off to a fast pace.2020 is the year we must kick off a decade of stronger, faster climate solutions for California. The 350 Bay Area Action Legislative Committee had a busy, successful January—AB 345...