We’re moving into the critical final phase of calling Democratic voters who often skip midterm voting. We need every single volunteer to participate in getting out the vote!
Four reasons why phone banking is effective
- High impact. Even a small number of volunteers can make a large number of calls. Ten volunteers can make more than 500 calls in two hours.*
- No one left behind. Phone calls get us in touch with rural voters, communities of color, and others who may otherwise not be contacted.
- User-friendly scripts. You can use a phone bank script to help you launch into a meaningful conversation with the person on the other end of the line.
- More contacts = a stronger turnout. Contacting people more than once and through multiple efforts during the election cycle has been found to be the most effective.
*In an Activate America study, even getting a voicemail message was found to increase the likelihood of getting a person to vote.
Take action 4 ways
- Get Trained: Activate America has training sessions available almost every day
- Join GGVB weekly phone banks: Wednesdays 6-8 pm & Sundays 3-5 pm
- Send GGVB Postcards. Contact: lynne@350BayAreaAction.org
- Canvass: Learn here about California and Nevada Canvassing Opportunities
- BAY AREA CARAVAN! Canvass for Josh Harder (CA09) Saturdays, Oct. 8 & Oct. 15.
- MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO CANVASS!
- Christy Smith (CA27) in Santa Clarita, Antelope Valley, Porter Valley and Granada Hills
- Dr. Asif Mahmood (CA40) in Tustin, CD40 (various locations, with voter registration), Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, and Yorba Linda
- Will Rollins (CA41) in Palm Springs and in Menafee.
From Marti, Lisa, Becki, Floyd and the Go Green, Vote Blue team.
Follow 350 Bay Area Action on Facebook & Twitter
Support this important work and donate here.