Tara has a deep commitment to future generations. She not only wants to protect the climate for them, she wants to empower them to know, care and act. As co-founder of Silicon Valley Youth Climate Action, Tara helps educate and inspire youth around climate, while supporting technical training for good jobs in growing green industries.
When she isn’t busy with these commitments, she’s kept busy doing any of the following:
- Legislative aide, Chief of Staff, and Deputy Chief of Staff (Legislature and Board of Supervisors)
- Member of the County Board of Education
- Board of Directors, Bay Area for Clean Environment
- Customer Advisory Group for Silicon Valley Clean Energy, appointed to help oversee low-cost and equitable renewable climate programs
- Board of Directors, Friends of Deer Hollow Farm
- Mentor for The Climate Courier Student Newspaper
… among other pursuits. We are excited to help send Tara to the Assembly.