WANT TO HELP FLIP RED DISTRICTS BLUE?
Canvass THIS Saturday, 10/20, from either 10:00am – 1:00pm or 1:00 – 4:00pm
Meet in Lafayette (3685 Mount Diablo Blvd, Suite 250) at 10am or 1pm
Join the 350 Bay Area Action community to canvass for Rebecca Bauer-Kahan for State Assembly on Saturday October 20th! We invite environmental voters from across the Bay Area to join our precinct walk and phone bank in support of Rebecca Bauer-Kahan, an environmental regulatory attorney and advocate for a clean energy future. Rebecca is proud of her environmental credentials and, if elected to represent the 16th District in the State Assembly, she will be a true leader in promoting legislation to fight climate change. Rebecca has received the sole endorsement of the Sierra Club, 350 Bay Area, and the League of Conservation Voters. Precinct walking is fun – you will be paired up to visit households identified as probable supporters.
We also recommend taking these election actions:
- Text and Postcard Parties – Swing Left and Flip the 14 are both focused on flipping red districts blue and they hold texting and postcard parties targeted to voters in key districts.
- Letter Writing Parties – Ann Katz in Piedmont holds Monday afternoon letter-writing parties, reaching out to occasional voters in CD10: This is good work and really fun. Email Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvassing – Sign up to canvass in Nevada for Jacky Rosen. Flip Nevada Blue is partnering with California environmental, healthcare and justice groups to organize canvassing trips into Nevada. Visit the Flip Blue Nevada Facebook page to learn more and sign up for carpooling and housing.
- Canvassing – Commit to Flip Blue has buses going to CDs 10, 21, and 22 (Devin Nunes!!) every weekend to canvass these winnable districts.
- Digital – View 350 Bay Area Action’s endorsements and spread the word!
- Everything Above and More – This Organizing for Action link will let you know about campaign level work you can volunteer for – digital, phone banking, canvassing, and more.
About 350 Bay Area Action
Welcome to 350 Bay Area Action.
350 Bay Area Action promotes aggressive, science-based action on climate change and ways to reduce carbon pollution in the Bay Area and beyond. We support those candidates who work to #KeepItInTheGround and promote fossil-FREE (clean) energy in a socially equitable way.
Click DONATE to make your non-tax-deductible contribution which will help us with our lobbying at the state legislature on important climate saving legislation as well as all the other work we do in trying to stabilize our increasingly turbulent climate. #ActOnClimate
Mobilizations - Victories - Press
On September 10, 2018, Governor Brown signed Senator Kevin De Leon’s historic SB 100 into law. The 100 Percent Clean Energy Act of 2018 puts California directly on the path to 100% clean energy by 2045. This has been our top priority climate/clean energy bill since the spring of 2017, and we have put a lot of volunteer effort into working for its passage. We want to thank all of you who filled out a postcard, wrote a letter or email, made phone calls, tweeted and especially those of you who went on one of our many delegations to our Assembly members offices in the last 6 months. All Assembly members in the Bay Area voted YES for this bill and we’ve talked with ALL of them!
The SB 100 campaign has demonstrated the enormous value of working together from the smallest grassroots action to walking the halls of the Capitol in Sacramento—even when you are greatly OUTSPENT. You can see the groups that worked hard to pass SB 100 at ca100.org/supporters/. We want to salute Senator De Leon as author and champion for this transformative bill. SB 100 will help speed our transition to a new clean energy system, while moving rapidly away from fossil fuels, and ensuring access for ALL Californians. And, yes, we’ll share this powerful idea with others around the US and the world.
* *And if we have anything to do with it, this will happen BEFORE 2045.
After a long legislative session with great support by our Legislative Team, over 500 350 Bay Area Action supporters sent our letter supporting Senate Bill 700 to Governor Brown’s office on September 27th… and later that afternoon Governor Brown signed the bill into law. SB 700 provides incentive funding to expand renewable energy storage systems.
“Starting January 1, 2019, the Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) is reauthorized for an additional five years, resulting in an estimated 3 GW of behind-the-meter energy storage systems at schools, farms, homes, nonprofits and businesses by 2026. With this new law, an additional $800 million in incentive funding is likely to come on line in a few short months.” -Bernadette Del Chiaro, Executive Director of CA Solar + Storage Association
This has been a long process, so thank you all for your support along the way. We are on track for 100% clean electricity by 2045 with laws in place to help make it happen!
Over 30,000 people joined together to Rise for Climate Jobs, Justice and Action on September 8th, 2018 in San Francisco. We raised our voices to let sub-national governmental attendees at Governor Brown’s Global Climate Action Summit know that we want action to limit emissions and reduce climate chaos that affects our most vulnerable communities. Many marchers signed petitions and letters of support for SB700, defending Californian fuel standards and other worthy political actions.